The Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) program is a methodical strategy for researching, selecting, managing and evaluating the performance of information technology investments. At Accentuate, we have hands-on experience and a proven track record with implementing and managing the CPIC program.
We offer the following services:
- Create and maintain effective CPIC policies, procedures and related documentation to govern IT investments
- Manage the CPIC governance meeting
- Provide support to IT and business office stakeholders relative to the CPIC process
- Provide training on the process and on tools required
- Give consolidated management reports on all IT investment fronts
- Coordinate with all stakeholders regarding the investment approval process
- Monitor the IT project portfolio and publish monthly reports and metrics on project execution
- Maintain, improve and streamline systems used to track the IT investment portfolio
- Arrange the completion and submission of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) IT budget exhibit
Implementing the CPIC program is advantageous, and in many cases required, for both government agencies and private sector companies. Accentuate guides clients through the pre-selection, selection, control and evaluation phases of this process. This, in turn, allows them to analyze the performance of their IT investments, assess what changes need to be implemented in order to maximize their effectiveness, and modify the systems accordingly.